BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Love me some contest entry!


I never win anything. Let me rephrase that - I never win anything & get something for free...last time I so-called "won" something was a parking pass lottery in college. Yay me, I actually get to park on campus to attend some class that I'll never benefit from ever again & pay $250 for this privaledge...Actually I was excited so I didn't have to knock other students teeth out & mud wrestle them in the dirt lot after class because we got in a fight for a parking spot! So, in that aspect I was a winner!

But in high hopes of some day winning something amazing...I will personally seek out contests via Internet or even at the local sandwich shop. Poo, no such luck! No HGTV Dream House, no free lunch...nothing. I did get excited once when I wrote to the makers of Werthers that they no longer carried the candy in Kroger nor QT & I was sadly addicted to them & needed them to replenish their stock, I got an envelope full of coupons. It was a little embarrasing redeeming them but I did. I drove out of my way to go to my non-regular Kroger, Publix like a criminal with a bad habit.

My next feat that I'm out to conquer is the naming of the new Gwinnett Braves Mascot - not because I want to be remembered as the chick who named him & go down in history, ahh who cares about that. No, because the winner gets a free trip to Portland, $200 cash, rental car, tickets to a AAA baseball game - heck ya! I'm gonna name this little gopher, beaver, groundhog looking thing & squeeze all that creative juice I got flowing out!!

So, that was the problem - they posted a cute little cartoon looking picture of this mascot & I just assumed it was some beaver or something. It had big ole teeth & brown fuzzy fur so I decided on Chopper! Good right? I mean, big teeth & chopper is a baseball term...Chipper plays on the Atlanta Braves...so I'm thinking, "I got a shot at this sucka!" Oh, then they write an article about the naming of this critter & it turns out to be some local Groundhog caracature. Yikes! Groundhogs don't have "choppers" - at least I don't think so? The picture did so it was quite decieving & I had a drop of sweat plop on my keyboard as I quickly tried to get back to the drawing board, make that re-adjusting my thinking cap!!

Then, my Gwinnett history knowledge came to the rescue...why not call him Button? Yes! Button as in Button Gwinnett - who the county was named after! I am genius...I am looking into Portland tourism & day trips. I submitted it under my fiance's name in case you can't have duplicate entries cause I wouldn't want to get disqualified now would I? Plus, since I never win anything, maybe he will win...cause he does win stuff! He's won $100 lottery tickets back to back all the way through Florida on a trip. We finally had to stop playing & cash out because we hit the Alabama border! He's won a $15,00 4 wheeler from an Equipment Leaser...I mean, we're talking good stuff here! Now watch, he'll win & become the hometown hero, get the key to the city, and some statue outside the stadium. That's okay cause in my heart, I will know, I will know, my friends and that's all that matters!!

0 comments: