BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grrrreat Smmooooky Mountains


Took a little getaway trip this weekend...to a place where fanny packs are rocked out & jean shorts are a plenty!! Gatlinburg,TN - a lovely little tourist trap where people watching is the most fun. I mean don't worry about packing your nice threads otherwise you actually be stared & laughed at...in the best Dolly Parton accent you'll hear the whispers of the lil country dumplins - "whur duz she thank she is??? the junior prom??" I learned reallll fast except I opted not to tease my hair!!

Then, you've heard of the phrase "they came out of the mountains"...well we went up to the mountains to mingle with the dashing tree huggers except we made the mistake of showering before we left. Went up to Clingman's Dome in the Great Smoky Mountains on the way home - saw a nice little fella I needed to snap a momento photo of...no, it's not a girl, I know it's hard to tell from behind...he's just a dude sportin' the grey hair of Rapunzel that he used to get out of his log cabin castle to take a little hike! Not sure what all he's packing in that satchel but I'm sure he's prepared to ward off any black bears with some sort of ninja star. Oh, and thank goodness he wore those socks with those sandals who knows what kind of critters might be biting at his heels!! I'm sure he only wore them for this special outing

0 comments: